Skip to main content

The Lord Will Fight For You By Sis Loralie Mae Toyhacao

2017 was not a good year for me, Last April 2017 I was diagnosed with Stage 1 NHL. My first reaction was why me? Of all people, why me? I am getting married! Which I think is a common response to all, questioning God “Bakit ako”? For me, it was very unfair, thinking that I am alone here in AUH and during that time I’m actually on a healthy lifestyle and doing my daily workout routines. It was an ordinary day to day living for me. But everything has changed.

I had so much questions to God and I am in so much pain, emotionally. Then I realized, all that I am praying to God is to always keep my parents healthy, instead of them being sick, I am willing to shoulder all the burden. And I’m thankful because my parents are ok. Because I can’t imagine what I will do if they are the ones who are sick.

When I started having my series of tests I wanted to keep it to myself  at first and not to involve anyone most especially those people who are really close to me and my family. As if what I only have is just a mild fever. Until people got to know about my sickness. My family. My friends. SFC community and colleagues at work. It was very difficult for me and I am having a lot of questions  and the worst part is I don't know the answer and it adds up to the pain I am experiencing. It is very hard to accept and understand what I am having.

As time goes by, my fear was replaced with strength and confidence. Thinking all those people who are praying for me, who keeps on pushing me and encouraging me, who are very positive inspite of the sickness I have, who am I to give up and loose hope? That was the time when I have come to embraced with all humility, bravery and with all smiles the situation I am facing. I know that I have God with me. Through his unconditional love and faithfulness I know I will be healed. 

All your support, prayers and kind words have overwhelmed me. I didn't have that much difficulty with my treatments. Praise God! And I always pray for all those people who has been there praying for my healing, that God will bless them more than what they deserved. I know you put extra effort to include me on their prayers. And I will be forever grateful to all of you.

Let us all be joyful in every circumstance life may bring us. Our life is a gift from God and so as our  sickness and troubles are also gifts from God. 

Do not be afraid "for the Lord with fight for you. BE STILL." - Exodus 14:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reach Out Christ to Kids (R.O.C.K) Weekend Training for KFC Facilitators By Bro Isaac Jacobe

“Let the children come to me; do not prevent them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” - Mark 10:14 Held last July 15, 2017 at center 1, Al Safa Building Rm 101. Present are the different members of the CFC community from Couples for Christ, Singles for Christ and Youth for Christ. Many participants who were present carried an eager heart to serve the next generation servants and followers of Jesus Christ, which is the Kids for Christ.  The ROCK weekend training was spearheaded by the sector KFC coordinator Kuya Dru Parcia and KFC mission volunteer of Abu Dhabi, Ate Rhutie Jabagat.  The training and workshop started with an opening worship led by Tito Fred Mesias. After the opening worship, was the introduction of the new song for KFC titled “I Stand for Jesus” along with its dance steps that was taught to us by Ate Kath and Kuya Reiniel Ilag. The SFC/YFC ate’s and kuya’s actively participated in singing and dancing because the dance steps indeed were very l

Pray Over Workshop By Sis. Maricar Mandani

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.-Romans 8:26-27 How do we pray and how do we pray for others effectively? Most of us would like to pray for others, but to be honest we don't know how and what to pray. We are often filled with good intentions but without enough knowledge to utter, we tend to use the same phrases over and over or we fall into patterns, or sometimes we simply are not good in expressing with words. As part of our preparation for our CLP Talk 9- Receiving the power of the Holy Spirit- the much awaited session for every CLP. We had a PRAY OVER WORKSHOP, held last August 15, 2017. The teaching was led by Tita Lourdes, here we experienced and practiced a pray over session. Learned how to

My CLP Experience Christian Life Program: Unbox Your Faith By Bro Joseph Fruto

“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stamp, a god-shaped life is a flourishing tree”  -Proverbs 11:28   We are in the world where people give so much avidness to wealth, technology, trend, etc. At some point we forget to nourish our spiritual need. That is to live life with love, humility and gratitude. It may sound impossible to put into action but yes, it is possible with a great faith to God we can outshine the good and surmount the greatest challenge of being Christian and live life with meaning. Before I was invited to join the Christian Life Program (CLP), I know that there is God and I believe in Him. From a family that doesn’t religiously go to church we don’t see it as a duty of being a Christian. So long I don’t do detrimental things I am therefore a good Christian. At the age of 21 I tried my luck abroad, I worked in Saudi hoping to speed up my career and help my family. Being away was a struggle and homesickness was the enemy I fought each and every