Skip to main content

My Personal Experience of God’s Goodness By Bro Jose Arnold Tariga

Just by being alive and experiencing God’s amazing creations are a few of the many living manifestations of God’s astonishing goodness and grace that I am so blessed to come across in this lifetime. But just like other human beings, I myself have experienced the different seasons of life: seasons of harvest and abundance, as well as seasons of drought and pruning. Getting to where I am right now has never been an easy path, but I thank the Lord that despite the rocky and rough roads, He continuously pushed me forward to become what He created me to be.

God’s goodness has always been overflowing in my life, then and now. Last 2013, I took a leap of faith and decided to tread the sands of UAE in the hopes of a better future and with the aim of providing for my family. God gave me a well-paying job in a facility in Al Ain, one of the innumerable manifestations of His goodness in my life. I thought that was enough, but the desire to have more consumed my inner being. I disregarded my physical need to rest because all I wanted was to earn more money. I did earn more and felt somewhat happy, but I never felt a sense of contentment. The happiness that I had was short-lived as my body eventually gave up and I got struck with pneumonia. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and thoughts of defeat started to creep into my mind: I thought that I would get terminated from my job and that I would die alone, in the absence of my family. But God never deprived me of His goodness despite me not taking care of my body – the temple of my God-given soul. Throughout my hospital stay, he sent me wonderful friends who tirelessly took care of all my needs; He gave me an understanding manager who assured me that I will not lose my job; and most of all, He delivered me from the illness and restored me - healthy and whole. 

In 2015, the Lord must have seen my dedication and hard work as He bestowed upon me another blessing – a long awaited promotion with a better position and pay, enough to sustain my family’s needs without the necessity for me to work overtime. But after almost a year, God gave me another trial, and in hindsight, that was maybe for Him to see how faithful I am to His goodness. I was demoted from my post for something that was not really my fault. And human as I am, I succumbed into depression for a few months. I started to become aloof and apathetic with everything related to work. I come to work for the sake of being there, but I stopped doing an extra mile in everything that I do. It was like I became a robot who was programmed to just come to work and perform specific tasks. I kept praying for enlightenment and the strength to accept the things as they are, and God flashed a ray of His goodness to me through a book entitled “The Power of I Am” by Joel Osteen.

Since then, I started declaring positivity over my life and things started to turn around and fall into place. I was pulled out of my depressive state and my passion for teaching was rekindled. I started to actively take part in the Education Team which eventually paved the way for me to assume an acting role as the head of the Education Team of my previous workplace. 


God has and will always be a God of abundance. Months turned into years, and at the end of 2017, I received another wave of His goodness. I was offered a job to lead the Education Team of a new facility. This turned out to be a major blessing as it laid the foundation for me to attend the Christian Life Program last 2018 and ultimately, became a member of the Singles for Christ and am now actively serving the community.

And just this year, He opened another opportunity for me to continue serving His people through my nursing profession in a different part of the world. And although it has not materialized yet, I am confident that it will come in His perfect time, as He is a God who fulfills His promises to His children.

Indeed, though life remains to be uncertain and full of challenges, only one thing is for sure, God’s goodness will remain forever. And because of his unending mercy and goodness, I will never fear whatever lies ahead because at various junctures in my life, He has shown me that nothing is impossible if you keep the faith

For all the blessings that I have and those that are still coming, may God be praised!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reach Out Christ to Kids (R.O.C.K) Weekend Training for KFC Facilitators By Bro Isaac Jacobe

“Let the children come to me; do not prevent them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” - Mark 10:14 Held last July 15, 2017 at center 1, Al Safa Building Rm 101. Present are the different members of the CFC community from Couples for Christ, Singles for Christ and Youth for Christ. Many participants who were present carried an eager heart to serve the next generation servants and followers of Jesus Christ, which is the Kids for Christ.  The ROCK weekend training was spearheaded by the sector KFC coordinator Kuya Dru Parcia and KFC mission volunteer of Abu Dhabi, Ate Rhutie Jabagat.  The training and workshop started with an opening worship led by Tito Fred Mesias. After the opening worship, was the introduction of the new song for KFC titled “I Stand for Jesus” along with its dance steps that was taught to us by Ate Kath and Kuya Reiniel Ilag. The SFC/YFC ate’s and kuya’s actively participated in singing and dancing because the dance steps indeed were very l

Pray Over Workshop By Sis. Maricar Mandani

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.-Romans 8:26-27 How do we pray and how do we pray for others effectively? Most of us would like to pray for others, but to be honest we don't know how and what to pray. We are often filled with good intentions but without enough knowledge to utter, we tend to use the same phrases over and over or we fall into patterns, or sometimes we simply are not good in expressing with words. As part of our preparation for our CLP Talk 9- Receiving the power of the Holy Spirit- the much awaited session for every CLP. We had a PRAY OVER WORKSHOP, held last August 15, 2017. The teaching was led by Tita Lourdes, here we experienced and practiced a pray over session. Learned how to

My CLP Experience Christian Life Program: Unbox Your Faith By Bro Joseph Fruto

“A life devoted to things is a dead life, a stamp, a god-shaped life is a flourishing tree”  -Proverbs 11:28   We are in the world where people give so much avidness to wealth, technology, trend, etc. At some point we forget to nourish our spiritual need. That is to live life with love, humility and gratitude. It may sound impossible to put into action but yes, it is possible with a great faith to God we can outshine the good and surmount the greatest challenge of being Christian and live life with meaning. Before I was invited to join the Christian Life Program (CLP), I know that there is God and I believe in Him. From a family that doesn’t religiously go to church we don’t see it as a duty of being a Christian. So long I don’t do detrimental things I am therefore a good Christian. At the age of 21 I tried my luck abroad, I worked in Saudi hoping to speed up my career and help my family. Being away was a struggle and homesickness was the enemy I fought each and every